England Deaf Football are looking for numbers of new volunteer roles to support the Deaf Football for 2021/22 as we continue to provide Deaf Football competitions for Deaf community. England Deaf Football is non-profit voluntary organisation, working to deliver Deaf Football competitions. We are looking for volunteers to support EDF with the following roles: –
1) General Secretary – For any expression of interests or queries related to the General Secretary role – please contact Oliver Eadsforth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Presenter – For any expression of interests or queries related to the Presenter role – please contact Sean Noone at email@example.com.
We welcome and encourage the use of various communication methods, including FaceTime, WhatApp, email, video and face-to-face, to suit your preferred communication method. As these roles are voluntary, there are no requirement for interview – however we may consider carrying out one where there are many interests for particular role.
England Deaf Football is a Deaf-led organisation where British Sign Language (BSL) and Signed Supported English (SSE) are used as main communication method. We welcome any expression of interests who are not familiar with BSL/SSE and will support the use of BSL/SSE throughout the role. We thrive to be a diverse led volunteer organisation and welcome interests, particularly from women.
1) General Secretary
This is an exciting opportunity to take on an important role within Deaf Football – where you will be managing the future direction of England Deaf Football as we move into 2022.
This role is the heart of organisation and you will be expected to provide administrative support for group of volunteers working to provide high standard football competitions for Deaf community, including youth football, Futsal and the men 11-a-side competitions. General Secretary will be expected to:
- Liaise with external stakeholders such as Football Association (FA), UK Deaf Sports (UKDS) and other organisations to gain potential funding opportunities to support the operational running of EDF, as well as align with FA development strategy, supporting increased participation in Deaf Football.
- Provide support to a team of volunteers, providing coaching and support to achieve their potential of maintain the competitions and management of fixtures, results and correspondences with clubs.
- Maintain full provision for running of Football service for Deaf community, including Sanction, Public Liability Insurance and any associated risk assessments for England Deaf Football and support with running of Whole Game Systems – which is mandatory requirement for affiliation with Football Association.
- Work closely with Head of 11 a side Competitions on booking of semi-final and final venues, as well as supporting with Youth and Futsal competitions which requires cooperation organising with other members of EDF with full checklists to ensure full preparations takes place prior to all events.
- Carry out any media related duties, including interviews and promoting EDF / Deaf Football as well as addressing any escalation requiring General Secretary attention from individual completion teams.
General Secretary is expected to carry out their role home based with meetings arranged remotely via zoom/teams – and there will be expected requirements to travel and will be encouraged to travel-share with other EDF committees to attend and observe EDF matches throughout the season, as well as attending semi-finals and finals along with youth/futsal/women competitions.